Imported from England to Oxford in 1994, the Double Decker buses are icons in the City of Oxford. Visit Oxford offers seasonal bus tours with local historian Jack Mayfield. Jack takes riders on a trip through history, visiting points of interest on the University of Mississippi campus and around the City, including William Faulkner historic sites.
To book a tour call the Visit Oxford Office at 662-232-2477 or email your inquiry to email@example.com.
Double Decker Bus Tour Guidelines:
- The Double Decker buses must be booked at least one week in advance of appointment.
- No schedule changes can be made 48 hours before an appointment.
- Bus tours cannot run longer than 3 hrs.
- In the case of inclement weather (i.e. rain, heavy rain/thunderstorms, snow/ice and very low temperatures) the tour will be subject to cancellation. Rain and weather cancellations will be determined at least 2 hours before an appointment.
- Not meant for transportation beyond tours. Can be booked for stationary event pictures, but not as event transportation. (i.e. weddings, parties, birthdays)
- Bus tours are $200/hr.
- Tour guides are $75/hr.
Double Decker Bus Rules:
- Buses are only permitted to travel within the Oxford City limits and are not allowed on the highway at any time.
- No food, drink or alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the bus.
- No pets are allowed on the bus.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum capacity on bus is 64 riders; 36 riders on upper level and 28 riders on lower level.